One important part of this article, before we conclude, is if displaying the Alexa widget can improve your ranking.

I have seen several webmasters displaying their rankings on their blog, but I don’t have a definite answer if it actually impacts the ranking. I have seen blogs with good rank using the widget, and I might be biased to suggest from such pieces of evidence.

Alexa in one of its blog post has mentioned that installing an Alexa widget to improve your rank is actually a myth and that the widget is not used to measure traffic.

One thing that I have learned from my experience is that it actually can influence your ranking if people are clicking on your widget and landing on to your Alexa page, such as WPism.com page on Alexa.

Although it won’t make your ranking certified, Alexa can have more data to have some valid estimates for your ranking. Again, I would recommend going through how Alexa calculates its ranking in details.

But hey if you have a good ranking, it can surely be a plus point for you to display the rank on your website.
As Google Page rank has been discontinued, we are only left with few public ranking options that are reliable. Alexa and Compete Traffic ranks might be the only options that we are left with.

Do you use Alexa ranking widgets? I would love to hear your view on the Alexa rankings in comments below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive